WHO / TEDROS EBOLA ATTACKS REAX

29-Nov-2019 00:02:11
WHO’s Director-General Dr.Tedros Ghebreyesus condemned the two attacks in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo on Wednesday in which four workers responding to the Ebola outbreak were killed and five others injured. WHO
Size
Format
Acquire
310.83 MB
1080p/29.97
309.74 MB
1080i/29.97
310.21 MB
1080i/25
DESCRIPTION
STORY: WHO / TEDROS EBOLA ATTACKS REAX
TRT: 2:11
SOURCE: WHO /FILE
RESTRICTIONS: NONE
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH /NATS

DATELINE: 28 NOVEMBER 2019, GENEVA, SWITZERLAND /FILE
SHOTLIST
RECENT - GENEVA, SWITZERLAND

1. Various shots, exterior of WHO HQ

28 NOVEMBER 2019, GENEVA, SWITZERLAND

2. Wide shot, Tedros walks by
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization:
“The attacks occurred overnight on a shared living camp in Biakato Mines and an Ebola response coordination office in Mangina. We are heartbroken that people have died in the line of duty as they worked to save others. The world has lost brave professionals. These constant attacks must stop. It will be tragic to see more unnecessary suffering in communities that have already suffered so much.”

RECENT - GENEVA, SWITZERLAND

4. Focus shift, WHO logo

28 NOVEMBER 2019, GENEVA, SWITZERLAND

5. SOUNDBITE (English) Dr.Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization:
“As you know, Ebola was retreating. In the last week, there were 7 cases of Ebola, down from a peak of over 120 per week in April 2019. Any interruption to the respond could lead to a resurgence in the outbreak, and more people will die as a conseque nce. We will continue to work with the DRC Government, partners and MONUSCO to ensure the security of our staff and other health workers.”

FILE – 23 JUNE 2019, BENI, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO

6. Various shots, medical personnel at an Ebola treatment centre
STORYLINE
WHO’s Director-General Dr.Tedros Ghebreyesus condemned the two attacks in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo on Wednesday (27 Nov) in which four workers responding to the Ebola outbreak were killed and five others injured.

The attacks occurred overnight on a shared living camp in Biakato Mines and an Ebola response coordination office in Mangina.

“We are heartbroken that people have died in the line of duty as they worked to save others,” said Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, World Health Organization Director-General. “The world has lost brave professionals.”

The dead include a member of a vaccination team, two drivers and a police officer. Although no WHO staff are among those killed, one staff member was injured. Most of the other injured people are from the Ministry of Health.

In the last week, there were seven cases of Ebola, down from a peak of over 120 per week in April 2019.

“Ebola was retreating. Any interruption to the respond could lead to a resurgence in the outbreak, and more people will die as a consequence,” said Dr. Tedros. “We will continue to work with the DRC Government, partners and MONUSCO to ensure the security of our staff and other health workers.”

The situation is still evolving. WHO will provide updates as new information comes in.
Category
Topical Subjects
Personal Subjects
Source
Alternate Title
unifeed191129b