Press Conference on Indigenous Languages: Preservation and Revitalization
21 Jan 2016 - Indigenous languages are key to ensuring the continuation and transmission of culture, customs, and history of indigenous peoples. But many are in danger of becoming extinct.
World Chronicle 903: Ayitegan Kouevi, Mililani Trask, UN Indigenous Forum
21 May 2003 - Judith Lessing interviews Ayitegan Kouevi, United Nations Indigenous Forum's expert on Africa, and Mililani Trask, UN Indigenous Forum's Pacific representative, for World Chronicle program 903.
World Sacred Pipe Ceremony
9 Aug 1995 - World Sacred Pipe Ceremony at UN Headquarters.
42nd Meeting of General Assembly Third Committee: 47th Session - Address by Rigoberta Menchù
17 Nov 1992 - Winner of the 1992 Nobel Peace Prize Rigoberta Menchù addresses the Third Committee of the General Assembly on the topic of human rights for indigenous peoples and communities.
- The AV Library has over 6,330 hours of historical content in 35,16 and 8mm film and 49,400 hours of video stored in its off-site archives.
- To find out more about digitizing this historic UN footage, please contact us.
- Over 18,000 hours of audio in a wide variety of formats are available in our off-site archives.
- Currently, 200 of the 1,000 available historic UN Radio Classics are now available for download on this website.
- In 2013, an independent producer helped to digitize over 100 UN Concerts.
- To find out more about digitizing these historic UN recordings, please contact us