Trusteeship Council Mission to Samoa
1 Jun 1947 - A Trusteeship Council mission to Samoa.
1 Nov 1987 - The Palestinians - too often typecast as refugees in crowded camps, or guerillas. But there is a broader picture.
UN Day Concert 1988
24 Oct 1988 - 1988 UN Day Concert at the General Assembly Hall in New York: The Sydney Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Stuart Challender, soprano Dame Joan Sutherland and guest conductor Richard Bonynge. FOR LISTENING PURPOSES ONLY.
Indigenous Voices at the United Nations
1993 - In 1993, through resolution A/RES/47/75 the UN General Assembly proclaimed the International Year of the World’s Indigenous People with the aim to encourage a new relationship between States and indigenous peoples, and between the international community and indigenous peoples — a new partnership based on mutual respect and understanding. The year was requested by indigenous organizations and is the result of their efforts to secure their cultural integrity and rights into the twenty-first century.
"Hymn to the United Nations" a Poem by W.H. Auden
19 Nov 1971 - Poet W.H. Auden reads his poem "Hymn to the United Nations" which was performed days earlier on the occasion of the 26th anniversary of the United Nations, on October 24, 1971, by Spanish cellist and composer Pablo Casals. Commissioned by UN Secretary-General U Thant.
- The AV Library has over 6,330 hours of historical content in 35,16 and 8mm film and 49,400 hours of video stored in its off-site archives.
- To find out more about digitizing this historic UN footage, please contact us.
- Over 18,000 hours of audio in a wide variety of formats are available in our off-site archives.
- Currently, 200 of the 1,000 available historic UN Radio Classics are now available for download on this website.
- In 2013, an independent producer helped to digitize over 100 UN Concerts.
- To find out more about digitizing these historic UN recordings, please contact us