1958 - A performance of Beethoven's Egmont Overture by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, illustrated by appropriate scenes showing the effects of war and United Nations efforts to aid recovery and reconstruction.
The Future Begins Today
6 Nov 1986 - Urban centers throughout Latin America overflow with new migrants, many of whom are undernourished and homeless, while, in other areas, vast stretches of empty land await settlers. Each country faces different questions and must find its own answers. This film shows how Colombia, Argentina, Peru and Mexico are implementing their own population policies -- redistributing people, producing more food, developing rural areas, providing family planning services and improved child care -- all aimed at improving the quality of people’s lives.
Into the Vault: 75 Years of UN Audiovisual Heritage - Episode 2
2 Jun 2021 - “Into the Vault: 75 Years of UN Audiovisual Heritage” is a quarterly video series exploring important aspects of the United Nations’ history through selected use of newly digitized materials from the audiovisual archive.
A Workshop for Peace
29 Sep 2005 - A documentary film about the birth of the United Nations and the fascinating behind-the-scenes story of the building of its Headquarters.
- The AV Library has over 6,330 hours of historical content in 35,16 and 8mm film and 49,400 hours of video stored in its off-site archives.
- To find out more about digitizing this historic UN footage, please contact us.
- Over 18,000 hours of audio in a wide variety of formats are available in our off-site archives.
- Currently, 200 of the 1,000 available historic UN Radio Classics are now available for download on this website.
- In 2013, an independent producer helped to digitize over 100 UN Concerts.
- To find out more about digitizing these historic UN recordings, please contact us